What is ReEnginee.red?
ReEnginee.red was inspired by libre.solar, an effort to create open hardware, firmware, and software for renewable-energy nanogrids.
Our vision is to see a world where communities are more self-reliant, resilient and capable.
Our efforts are a little more broad-focussed. We would like to focus on utility systems beyond electric grids, and we would like to focus on utility systems at the community-level, rather than at the individual level.
We’re working toward similar goals in that we will:
- Be using hardware developed by libre.solar
- Be focussed on sustainable engineering and renewable resources
- Be developing open source hardware, firmware, and software
We’re different in that we will:
- Be working on community-scale hardware (AC microgrids vs DC nanogrids)
- Be opinionated (choose technologies that meet project needs and go, not being worried about including everything and the kitchen sink)
- Be focussed on systems beyond simply electricity